Equity by Design Workshop:
Managing the Challenge of Living & Leading in a Multicultural World
A 90-minute workshop via Zoom that will be facilitated by entrepreneur Jeremiah J. Jackson; a Leadership Oakland alumni and career educator and facilitator with over 20 years of success inspiring and empowering leaders to excellence in their individual and collective endeavors.
During this workshop, Jeremiah will lead participants through an experience to:
- Expand your tool kit to manage DEI challenges proactively and strategically
- Practice effective tactics to address DEI challenges with dignity and grace
- Learn the definitions, frameworks and standards that are part of effective and measurable DEI programs and practices
- Access resources to support effective practice and practitioners
Core ideas and concepts we will introduce and explore during the session include: Cultural Competence, Ethics & Morals, Equity & Inclusion, and Race & Ethnicity. Questions we will explore include:
- How do we publicly address issues/challenges regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion explicitly?
- How do we facilitate meaningful dialogue to effectively alleviate/ameliorate distress and dysfunction impacting people?
- How can a small team with limited capacity prioritize this DEI work and meet our daily operational needs?
is a strategic consultant and equity practitioner, currently providing professional services to the 100 Black Men of the Bay Area, The Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh, and the Anti Defamation League. Prior to starting his consulting firm Jeremiah served as The Director of Equity and Inclusion for College Prep (Oakland), where the school was recognized nationally as a No Place for Hate School for 5 consecutive years. Jeremiah has also received a Hero Award in 2015 from the A Better Chance Program for Outstanding Service to Students and Families. A native Ohioan, Jeremiah comes to Oakland via Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has been proud to call the Bay Area his home since 2014. Jeremiah’s greatest joy beyond service to his community is spending time with his wife Christy and son Joaquin. To learn more about Jeremiah CLICK HERE
Equity by Design Workshop
Date and Time
Wednesday Apr 6, 2022
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM PDT
Register for Zoom Link
This workshop is free and open to non-members.